Monday, February 26, 2007

SB Cupcakes and the Academy Awards!

So after a long hiatus (school has been taking up so much of my time...okay, and also I'm just to lazy to blog these days!) here is the first post for the Spring!

I am still having a cupcake obsession and recently discovered that Starbucks now sells cupcakes! I still had a leftover giftcard from Christmas so I went ahead and bought the cute pack of 2 for $3.50 (compared to other cupcake places I have been, this was actually VERY VERY cheap!). Here is a sweet little pic of the cupcakes before they were gobbled up by me:



Cute right? Well they unfortunately did not taste as good as they looked. I guess I am still in love with Kara's Cupcakes the most. They were fair, sweet but not lacked moisture. They were still cute to look at though!:



(From top to bottomt: Vanilla bean / Chocolate fudge)

So the Oscars were on Sunday night and I mainly watched the arrival show on E! I haven't actually seen any of the nominated films this year except for Little Miss Sunshine so I didn't really have an opinion about who should/shouldn't win.

Oscar Fashion seemed a little boring this year and my 2 of my top 3 best dressed were the same as my picks from the Golden Globes! Here's what I thought:

Reese always looks great and she is starting to become one of my favorite fashion celebs! This dress is simple and elegant and I absolutely love Reese's hair style (bangs rock!)


Helen Mirren was another one of my favorites. I think she looks soo good for her age and she always seems to choose the appropriate dress for her that is still stylish and sexy.


Source: Wire Image /Lester Cohen
A new favorite of mine was Jessica Biel. I looooved the color of her dress and I love the black belt that went along with it. This was another simple yet elegant dress. This was a perfect pick for the Oscars!

On a totally separate note, while watcing the Oscars, I also realized how cute Leonardo DiCaprio still is. After the release of Titanic back in the 90's I (with probably many other teeny boppers) went through the whole Leo obsession phase. Leo has really grown up, he's in like every new Martin Scorsese film! So the following picture is for your viewing pleasure...


Source: Wire Image/ Lester Cohen


Online Specials/Events:
Alloy is offering free shipping on online orders over $25! / Ends 3/5/07

Did you adore Nick Verreos from the 2nd season of Bravo's Project Runway?! Well now you can meet him! Ewindsor is having Nick in several of their stores in March!


Thats is for now...let's hope this rainy weather goes away very soon...