Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sweets, a toothache, and the Golden Globes!

On Saturday, I ended up getting a wisdom tooth pulled in fear of it causing other problems in my mouth. The result was three days of bed rest, taking two different pain medications, and my face looking like a peanut shell on one side. Unfortunately, this didn't stop me from going out in search of new dessert places!

This morning I ended up going to Ambrosia Bakery located at Ocean Ave. This bakery had lots of delicious looking pastries inside (such as blueberry muffins and giant chocolate chip cookies!) but the thing that caught my eye were the cute little mousse cakes behind the glass window. I ended up purchasing three of them for $11 total (not bad for cute little custom made cakes). See for yourself:

(From left to right: Mango mousse / The Chocolate Hive / Rasberry mousse)

The cakes were each very delicous and sweet! They were very moist and soft to eat (remember I'm recovering from a tooth pulling). I have come across many little cakes like this before at grocery stores and Chinese bakeries, but Ambrosia does a good job at making sure their cakes are distinct from the rest of the pack.

Ambrosia is located at 2605 Ocean Ave in San Francisco. They also serve cakes and sandwiches!

In addition to my findings at Ambrosia, just a few weeks ago, I also came across some delightful looking cupcakes at Bristol Farms located in downtown San Francisco at the new Westfield Mall. Bristol Farms is known for being a classy grocery store but finding cupcakes that were only $2.99 seemed like a steal to me!

Lately, I've had a weird obsession with cupcakes. No, I've never been to Magnolia Bakery in New York yet but I do intend to drop by there sometime during the summer! I just love the idea of eating a classy little cupcake that is not made from a box with store bought frosting. Anyways here is picture of the wonderful cupcakes I picked up from Bristol Farms a few weeks ago:


(From the left to right: Strawberry / Java)

(From left to right: Rasberry + White Chocolate / Chocolate)

These cupcakes were unforunately a bit dry...possibly because they had been refrigerated too long. But they were bigger than normal sized cupcakes and they had heaping amounts of frosting and shavings on them! Next time, I would probably leave them out of the cold.

Enough with sweets...lets talk about fashion! I must be very behind in my blogging since I am just now talking about the Golden Globe Awards! I was a bit disappointed with alot of the dresses that I saw but I did see several that I thought were really stunning!


Source: Wire Image / Steve Granitz
I loooved Katherine Heigl's gorgeous black dress. It totally reminded me of something I'd see in a prom magazine. The bottom part of her dress is my favorite. Its soo glamourous!


Source: Wire Image / Steve Granitz
Another one of my favorites was best actress winner, Helen Mirren. I thought this dress was so approriate for her. I loved the fact that she wasn't afraid to show any skin. The color also is very in this season.


Source: Wire Image / Steve Granitz
My favorite overall would have to be Reese Witherspoon! This girl never seems to disappoint when it comes to fashion! I loved this little yellow dress on her. Yellow, to me is a difficult color to pull off but Reese totally made it work!

Thats all for now folks...check back soon for new blogs! It feels good to be back!